“Nails are the only thing you can get into shape without exercise.”
Hello, my name is Evon, and I have been a nail technician for the past 20 years and no chip lover for 10. And many of my friends and clients like to know the difference between the two manicures.
So I decided to give it a try and explain the main differences.
Most people will agree that a manicure is one of the most generally acknowledged essential beauty treatments. A manicure can make you feel fresh, vibrant, and ready to take on the day. However, some women want more than just a traditional mani. For those looking for an extra boost in their appearance, No-chip base gel polish might be what they’re looking for!
This blog post will discuss 11 reasons why no chip base gel polish is so much better than traditional Manicures!
Also, I will try to answer the most common questions about no-chip (shellac manicure): does it damage your nails? Is a shellac gel manicure good for you or not? Why is the no-chip great for short nails?
Let’s get started.
What is a traditional manicure?
A traditional manicure is a beauty treatment for the nails and hands. It usually includes filing and shaping the nails, cuticle care, applying regular nail polish, and a hand massage.
Regular polish is applied to the nail beds and removed with traditional nail polish remover. As a professional, the process takes me about 30 minutes. Is it quick in it?
How long does it last?
The average lifespan of a traditional mani is about a week. However, it can vary depending on how well you care for your nails. And how hard you are on your hands doing home choirs and how often you get them done.
For more than a decade, I’ve been applying standard nail lacquer to my clients, and the longest it’s lasted is about 10 days.
In the actual world, however, this is impossible since normal polish has no “long-lasting” capacity. Oh, wait, it’s doable because all you have to do is sit on the sofa all day and watch reality TV.
As a result, No chip manicures are becoming more popular in Nail Salons than regular manicures.
What is A no-chip gel base manicure?
A no-chip manicure is almost the same as a regular manicure. The only difference is that you use a long lasting nail polish specifically designed to be chip-resistant and cured under a curing light (LED or UV lamp). The first step in getting this type of manicure is to apply the base coat, which helps protect your nails from staining and creates a smooth surface for the nail polish. After the base coat, you can apply two coats of your chosen color and finish with the top coat.
Let’s get down to business.
11 Reasons Why No chip Base Gel nail Polish is Much Better Than Classic nail polish:
- It lasts for weeks, not just days, because of the high-quality gel nail polish applied to your nails. The base gel polish creates a more robust and durable nail surface than regular lacquer, which means your manicure will last longer.
- No chip base gel polish is less likely to chip or peel than traditional nail lacquer; it doesn’t chip as easily, so you can go about your business without worrying about your nails looking sloppy.
- Gel polish also strengthens your nails, which is an added benefit and makes your nails look fantastic. It protects your nail plate far more effectively than a regular manicure.
- It causes no damage to the nail bed, so you don’t have to worry about your nails being damaged by the process.
- There are so many different colors to choose from, so you don’t have to settle for dull colors if you don’t want to. The color selection is much more comprehensive with no chip base gel polish, so you’re not limited to just a few shades.
- The process is quick and easy, so you can get your nails done in no time at all. Please don’t shake your head; there is no waiting time to dry or no-chip polish.
- Maintain a high shine for an extended period; no need to be concerned about your nails looking bad in a matter of days due to dull or dirty polish.
- It’s affordable, so you don’t have to break the bank to get your nails done. But do you think I’ve gone insane? However, you may end up saving money in the long run. Considering the time between manicures, you will have them done less frequently.
- There is no more smudging your polish, so you can get back to playing (candy crash) with your phone since the polish is dry entirely right after your manicure.
- No-chip base gel polish is also non-toxic, unlike many traditional polishes that contain harmful chemicals. In recent years, companies have been competing to develop better and less toxic no chip polishes. I have many gel nails liquors in my collection that do not stink and contain no harmful chemicals.
- Last but not least, gel polish looks fantastic and makes your nails look great.
So there you have it: eleven reasons why no-chip base gel polish is much better.
Now we’ve arrived at the point where we can answer the most frequently asked questions about that beautiful No-chip manicure.
Is a no-chip manicure worth it?
Yes! It is worth it if you want your nails to look great for several weeks.
No-chip manicures are applied at nearly the same time as regular nail polish ones. They provide many more benefits, such as durability, high shine, longevity, and sturdiness, without the need for as much upkeep or time commitment.
Is no-chip gel manicure bad for your nails?
No is not!
The process of applying the no-chip manicure on your nails is the same as a regular manicure. Plus, a no-chip base gel polish will make your nails stronger and healthier!
Also, No-chip base gel Polish CAN be even better for you if done correctly and by a licensed nail technician that knows how to remove it properly, or you will correctly do it yourself.
Your nails will look professionally done every time.
The only thought that comes to my mind about what could harm your nails would be the method of the removal process. If you remove the gel manicure properly, it will not damage your natural nails.
To learn how to remove the no-chip (gel manicures) at home in the fastest and safest way, click here.
Is LED lamps or UV light bad for you?
Who knows! Probably? But honestly, it’s hard to say…
Whether LED or UV light is bad for you is a difficult one. Both have been demonstrated to have some level of danger, but the degree of those dangers is still unknown. For example, long-term exposure to UV (LED) radiation can increase your risk of developing skin cancer. If so many people were concerned about this, they would not be using these lights!
Long-term exposure is not the case when we a getting our nails done. The new and more efficient LED light (that I only use) requires 30 seconds of curing time, so it will not cause skin damage or burns.
So if we think that most manicures will last, on average, two weeks and any time spent under either type of lighting is short-lived, then there should not be much cause for concern regarding health risks associated with them being used during nail care services like no-chip base gel polish.
Why is no chip manicure great for short nails?
- Protects nails from harmful chemicals like cleaning products.
- Natural look and feel, not like acrylic (fake nail)
- Smoothes out ridges on nail beds
- It helps to grow your natural nails much longer
- No chips or fillers
- Semi-permanent polish makes it easier to remove.
Time for the Final Thoughts.
So, what do you think? Do I have to give up my no-chip gel polish manicure for old fashion manicures now that you now know about the benefits of both manicures?
No? Great Answer! There are many great reasons to keep a no-chip polish on my nails or try on yours.
The nails appear cleaner and well-groomed for longer, which is why I love my no-chip and will not be switching any time soon.
I’ll be the first to admit that I used to think gel polish was a total gimmick. It seemed like it would take more time, money, and commitment than my nails could handle.
But now? Now I know better! As you can see from all these reasons why no chip base gel polish is much better than classic nail polish (and some of them even seem suitable for your nails), there are plenty of great reasons to switch over ASAP.
That’s not to say that there aren’t good benefits of a traditional manicure. For example, it’s much easier to remove using regular polish remover. Ops, hmmm, I can’t think of anything else. It doesn’t last longer than gel nail polishes and can’t even save you some money in the long run.
So if you want something with an extra glamor boost, go for No-chip base gel polish! It might be your new favorite beauty treatment.
Oh, I almost forgot:
- No chip base and top coat are available in glossy and matte finishes, so you can choose the look that best suits your style.
- You can also try using no-chip base gel polish as a quick and easy way to strengthen your nails.
The good news is that with these two options, you can all be trendy without sacrificing your personal preferences.
Good luck, my friend, best wishes from me to you!
What type of nails Polish do you prefer on yourself or others?
What nail colors do you prefer?
Is it something classic like deep red, or do you rock glittery blues and purples all day, every day? Let me know in the comments!
If you like this post, you can find more information on a base coat, healthy nail bed, and other topics on my website evonhealthyhabbits.com
Thank you for reading; till next time.
If you like this article, please share it with your friends and family! For more interesting blog posts, please visit my website, evonhealthyhabbits.com!
Good luck, my friend; best wishes from me to you.
- What is a Dry Manicure?: The Ultimate Guide to Innovate Your Nail Care
- 21 Inspiring Good Morning Wednesday Quotes: Energize Your Day
- Evening Routines: The Unsung Hero of a Successful Day
- Sweating Together: The Power of Couple Fitness Goals for Stronger Relationships
- How Does A Pedometer Help People Reach Their Fitness Goals
- Does MCT Oil Break a Fast?: The Great Debate